Wednesday, February 27, 2008

O Spring, Where Art Thou?

I believe the winter malaise has finally hit me, and I am not pleased. This feeling that I could nap at any given moment of the day is terribly bothersome, as is my contentment with sitting around, not getting anything accomplished. As much as I enjoy cuddling up with hot cocoa, a blanket and a movie, I'm aching to be outside. I'm starting to bore myself! And I care not to imagine how I'm coming off to you, dear friends. I feel I should apologize for holing up so much.

I need motivation, and truth be told, I think it will come in the form of sunlight and greenery. No more slipping on treacherous, icy sidewalks, or shivering in bed because the radiator isn't working! No more freezing winds and suffocating layers of clothing! Give me grass, sunshine, open windows, and temperatures above 50! Sandals, t-shirts, skirts and sundresses! Frisbee at Deering Field, Cubs games, barbecues, picnics, excursions around the city without fear of frostbite or windburn! Am I missing anything?

I beg of you, bring these to me, quickly. I don't know how much longer I can stand feeling like a hibernating bear.

No comments: